ESAB REDESIGNS MXL SERIES OF MIG/MAG TORCHES FOR ENHANCED INDUSTRIAL PERFORMANCE
October 29, 2018
ESAB Welding & Cutting Products has expanded and enhanced the series of MXL MIG/MAG torches for industrial-duty applications. ESAB has boosted the duty cycle from 35 to 60% and now offers a full range of MXL gas- and water-cooled torches designed for industrial-duty applications. All MXL torches feature knuckle joints and spring supports that improve flexibility to reduce wrist strain. A new handle offers better ergonomics and soft-grip areas on the 341, 411W and 511W models further increase comfort. A refreshed front-end design accepts the same standard ESAB consumables.
MXL torches are available with the following rated outputs, with duty cycles respectively listed for mixed gas/CO2:
· MXL 201, gas-cooled, 150 A at 60%/160 A at 60%
· MXL 271, gas-cooled, 210 A at 60%/230 A at 60%
· MXL 341, gas-cooled, 300 A at 60%/330 A at 60%
· MXL 411W, water-cooled, 350 A at 100%/400 A at 100%
· MXL 511W, water-cooled, 450 A at 100%/500 A at 100%
MXL torches come in cable length options of 3 or 4 m. Gas nozzles are available in 3 different versions (standard, straight and conical) to provide maximum flexibility and optimum durability.