ESAB transitions HKS brand of weld monitoring And analytic equipment to ESAB brand name and colors
December 3, 2021
Annapolis Junction, Md. – ESAB Welding & Cutting Products today announced that all HKS brand equipment, which includes the flagship WeldQAS Quality Assurance System for real-time monitoring and recording of arc characteristics, have been have been rebranded as ESAB products. HKS Prozesstechnik GmbH was founded in 1994 in Halle, Germany. ESAB acquired HKS in 2017 to reinforce the company’s strategic focus on automated welding and grow its suite of ESAB Digital Solutions.
“ESAB weld monitoring and analytic equipment can sample and record weld data hundreds of times per second,” says Robert Träger, Global Product Manager for Welding Analytics, ESAB. “We help manufacturers and fabricators find and eliminate the root causes of irregulaties and defects so that they can maximise productivity and lower costs, as well as provide quality assurance and traceability documentation for every weld seam.”
ESAB’s monitoring systems operate independent of welding equipment brand and process, so anyone can use them. Weld monitoring is especially important for robotic and automated welding, critical components, expensive materials and high-volume/high-speed operations. In these applications, an immediate alert or automated system that can stop the process without operator intervention can save thousands of dollars in rework or scrap.
“Products such WeldQAS and WeldScanner can automate a tedious and costly process that is also prone to human error,” adds Träger. He notes the need for documentation and traceability is growing, especially in the power, wind tower, offshore, pressure vessel, shipbuilding, energy, petrochemical and other market segments, which ESAB serves with the industry’s broadest portfolio of integrated welding and cutting systems.
All HKS trade dress will be phased out by the end of 2021 as inventory is depleted. All fact sheets and supporting literature will reflect the ESAB branding, and the ESAB website will reflect the brand change as content migrates from the HKS website. Products in the portfolio include:
- WeldQAS for automatic quality monitoring and documentation in industrial production for GMAW (MIG) welding, resistance welding, stud welding, laser welding, conduction and induction welding and clinching.
- WeldScanner, a multipurpose measuring device that is usable as data logger, oscilloscope and for validation. It enables users to easily find the root cause of errors through error analysis.
- The WeldScanner Validator can validate all brands of welding equipment in accordance with IEC 60974-14 Arc Welding Equipment - Part 14: Calibration, Validation and Consistency Testing. It precisely measures welding voltage, current, wire feed speed, gas flow rate and travel speed. It offers the same full level of functionality as the WeldScanner.
- ThermoProfilScanner, used for tube and profile welding, features a patented infrared camera that uses passive thermography to perform a volumetric non-destructive testing of the complete weld seam.
- WeldAnalyst, a modern measuring device for complex dynamic analyses of all welding processes.
- Sensors to monitor weld current/voltage, gas flow, wire feed speed, travel speed, force, temperature and other variables for any welding process.
ESAB Digital Solutions
ESAB Digital Solutions enables users to put data to work to drive continuous improvement in four major areas: asset management, productivity, quality and documentation/traceability. Its offerings include Columbus® III CAD/CAM nesting software for cutting automation, CutCloud™ for cutting productivity data, WeldCloud™ Productivty, WeldCloud Fleet and WeldCloud Universal Connector for welding productivity and WeldCloud Notes PQR/WPS document management software. To learn more, visit esab.com/digital.
At ESAB, we exist to shape the future of welding and cutting. We connect fabricators with the widest range of products under our industry-leading brand portfolio with the latest technologies to solve virtually any industry challenge — then we back it up with our knowledge, experience and passion to help them be more productive than ever before.
All HKS weld monitoring and analytic equipment has been rebranded as ESAB to reflect the growing suite of ESAB Digital Solutions to drive continuous improvement.